Electric Bike Hire @ Petone Wharf (Start of Hutt River Trail)
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Lower Hutt, Wellington
- Product code: electricbikespetoneremutaka
Discover the Hutt River Trail in the most cost-effective way possible! Great for families or beginner riders. Just meet us at Petone Wharf (a short drive, train, or ferry from Wellington) then jump on your eBike and start exploring!
Simply make your way to Petone Wharf on the shores of Wellington Harbour for a 9.30am meetup. It's an easy 15 minute drive from Wellington, or you can take a train or ferry from Wellington CBD (check Metlink or East by West Ferry schedules for timing). We'll then get you on your bikes and underway! Once riding, The Hutt River Trail makes its way along the Petone foreshore, past several great cafes and Te Puna Wa Ora, a natural spring from the aquifer under Wellington Harbour (great for filling up the water bottles). Once you reach the Hutt River mouth, you'll turn north and follow the meandering trail along varied terrain featuring parks and garden spaces, suburban areas, and native bush. It's an easy trail with no technical sections, suitable for beginners and riders of all ages / abilities. At the end of the day, simply return your bikes to the wharf - we pick them up at 6pm so you can either lock them up there if you arrive earlier than that, or just meet us then if you'd prefer - and make your way back home after a great day's adventure.
Comfort Electric Mountain Bike
- 27.5 - 29 inch wheels | Roll over rougher terrain easily and comfortably, maintain great control.
- Hydraulic disc brakes | Reliable, powerful, stop in a hurry if you need to.
- 8-9 speed drivetrain with 3-6 power assist levels | Essentially 24-48 speed - never get caught "between gears"!
- 40-80km per charge | Assisted riding all day long (depending on weight, wind, usage)
- Front suspension | Smooths out the rough bits.
- Rear carrier rack | Lightweight and sturdy, allows you to transport essentials without carrying them on your back.
- Quality lightweight helmet | Safe, comfortable.
- Repair kit | Be prepared! Spare tube, pump, essential tools and step by step instructions in case of puncture.